SORAC stands for SuperOxide Radical Scavenging Capacity. Specifically, this refers to how well a certain food helps your body fight sicknesses like cancer and heart disease. When the SORAC value of a food is high, it is better at fighting disease and slowing the aging process. As it so happens, young barley plants have an extremely high SORAC value. In fact, they are full of phytochemicals, chlorophyll and antioxidants. Thus, including a barley supplement in your diet can significantly improve your health.
The Health Benefits of a Barley Supplement
Both BarleyLife ® and BarleyLife ® Xtra are made from young barley plants. Researchers have found barley to be one of the best sources of nutrition on earth. In addition to barley, BarleyLife ® Xtra includes 18 fruits and veggies. The fruits in BarleyLife ® Xtra are all full of antioxidants known to have many health benefits. They boost your immune system, improve vision and blood flow, stop inflammation, help kill cancer, control diabetes and improve memory and motor skills.
The veggies in BarleyLife ® Xtra help prevent diseases such as cancer and heart disease. They also reduce the amount of fat in the heart blood vessels, slow cell damage and decrease LDL’s.
The Power of a Barley Life
- repairs DNA
- stamps out inflammation
- reduces high cholesterol
- prevents ulcers
- de-activates toxic chemicals
- contains an enzyme called SOD, an anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, cancer killer
- also has another powerful antioxidant, 2′-0-GlV, which is even more effective than vitamin E
- lowers blood sugar
- promotes effective blood clotting
- protects blood vessels from damage
- improves and causes Prolactin and growth hormone to work better
- destroys a variety of pesticides
- further breaks down fats
Research on Barley
- an enzyme called P4D1, was isolated in a laboratory in California in the 1980’s in barley juice. P4D1 does two things in the human body. First of all, it causes DNA repair. Thus, damaged cells are fixed rather than dividing into more mutant cells. Second, P4D1 has also been shown in lab tests to eat the protein sheath off a cancer cell. That way the white blood cells can attack and destroy them.
- 1983 – found a protein in barley leaf extract with strong anti-inflammatory qualities.
- 1985 – discovery of substances in barley leaf extract that reduced high cholesterol and prevented ulcers.
- 1985 – successfully ID’d the presence of some components in barley leaf extract which shut down toxins.
Chlorophyll From a Barley Supplement has Amazing Health Benefits
Accordingly, many studies show the benefits of chlorophyll. In fact, here are some expert quotes on it:
- “People suffering from fatigue, hypoglycemia or degenerative diseases should find time or find someone to make the raw green drink as nothing, truly substitutes for the fresh, raw chlorophyll to ease pain and aid in cell building.” – Willa Vae Bowles, a leading nutritionist
- “Drinking lots of chlorophyll-rich juice is somewhat like getting a natural blood transfusion. It flushes the lymph system, nourishes and oxygenates the vascular system, cleanses the intestines, and is healing and soothing to all mucous membranes.” – Steve Meyerowitz
- “High chlorophyll foods are excellent oxygen transporters, so including super foods like wheat grass and barley grass juice can help us think more clearly. Other high chlorophyll foods include the leafy greens such as kale, collards and beet greens.” – Brigitte Mars
Chlorophyll Is Nature’s Most Powerful Nutrient
- It is a powerful detox agent for the liver.
- Removes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.
- Cleans out the digestive tract
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cuts excess cholesterol, triglycerides and other fats in the blood.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Nearly identical chemical structure to hemoglobin, the body’s critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein. Stimulates hemoglobin production, which oxygenates and energizes the entire body.
- Has wound-healing properties.
- Chlorophyll has been studied for its potential in causing tissue growth, in stimulating red blood cells in connection with oxygen supply, and in reducing absorption of dietary toxins.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Also has cancer-related benefits