People aim to lose weight for different reasons. Some simply want to fit into smaller-sized clothes while others just need to feel good about their bodies. It is not surprising that numerous ways have been devised to help people lose weight like weight loss diets, diet pills, liposuction, and exercise programs. If you are one of the many who would like to drop a few, or more pounds, you need a healthy eating plan to lose weight. Do not be tempted to try diets that promise to help you lose weight really quickly because these might not be healthy or even safe for you. That isn’t to say there are no useful supplements out there but many aren’t. In any case, the key is to gradually lose the weight and work at keeping it off. You don’t want to compromise your health in your quest to lose weight.
Main points about your healthy eating plan to lose weight
- Activity level. Your diet should match your activity level. A person with a sedentary lifestyle will have lower daily calorie needs than a person who is more active. So if you want to lose weight, either you increase your activity level or you reduce your calorie intake.
- Variety. A healthy eating plan should include various kinds of foods. There should be a lot of fruits and vegetables, breads, and cereals; moderate amounts of lean meats and low fat dairy; and small amounts of fats and oils.
- Snack. Do not hesitate to eat a snack if you are hungry in between meals. Just make sure that what you consume is a healthy option like fruits, yoghurt, vegetables, and nuts.
- Sweets. Although cutting down on sweets is a must, there is no need to totally remove them from your diet. It is okay to eatthem occasionally and in moderation.
- Record. For many people, keeping a food diary is helpful. Aside from having a record of your food intake, you will also be able to track your progress.
Whatever your reasons are for losing weight, there are a lot of benefits in sticking to a healthy eating plan.1 You lower your risk of developing certain diseases like diabetes, heart problems, and cancer, among others, if you maintain a healthy weight.2 It is not just about a better-looking you, but also a healthier you.
Reasons to Use a Healthy Eating Plan to Lose Weight
Nowadays, people are more conscious about how they look and how much they weigh. Despite this preoccupation with being thin and losing weight, the past few years is witness to some kind of health revolution – more people are likewise more conscious about being healthy.
This consciousness towards being more healthy has given sports like running, badminton, and biking renewed popularity. It can also be credited for mounting interest in organic foods and other healthy food choices. It is not surprising that many people use a healthy eating plan to lose weight aside from going on a regular exercise regime.
Here are some significant benefits:
Maintain a healthy weight
If your goal is to lose weight then a healthy eating plan will help you best. Eating well-balanced, healthy meals regularly enables you to lose weight in a gradual manner. The great thing about a healthy eating plan is that it will help you maintain a healthy weight as well. Do not go for other weight loss methods that claim to help you lose weight fast but fail to keep it off permanently.
Keep your guts in good shape
A healthy eating plan will help you fight obesity which can cause a lot of diseases. Whether you intend to lose some weight or simply maintain your ideal weight level, a healthier diet basically helps keep your organs healthy and lowers your risk of heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and a host of other health disorders.2,3
Some sexy skin
Eating a bag of oily potato chips can wreak havoc on your skin so it is not surprising that healthy foods will improve skin health.4 Even being overweight might be bad for your skin!5 A diet that is rich in vegetables and fruits will help make your skin supple, glowing, and youthful.
Get more energy
Since your body will be getting more adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals when you embark on a healthy eating plan, you will be pleased to discover that you have more energy as well. A healthy eating plan tailored for weight loss is not meant to make you feel weak and grumpy. If you are feeling this way then consider making changes to it because eating healthy should provide you with more energy and make you feel good about yourself.6
Stay less stressed
Just like regular exercise, a healthy eating plan will help lower your stress levels. If it is good for your body then it will make you feel better. In fact, research has shown that since your brain relies on particular nutrients, if your diet is poor, it can’t work right because it doesn’t have the proper materials to do so.7 When it fails to function properly, it leads to increased stress and other mental disturbances.
Sleep like a baby
Many of those who go on crash diets complain of sleep problems. This is not the case if you are on a healthy eating plan. Research shows that there is a relationship between the food you eat and the sleep you get.8 So, eat better and prepare yourself for more restful sleep.
Digest things more effectively (and less painfully)
“Diet has an important influence on gut health.”9 In other words, going on a healthy eating plan will help improve your digestive functions. Your body does not like additives and preservatives found in a lot of unhealthy foods. Expect to bid goodbye to constipation or indigestion and say hello to regular bowel movements and a healthier digestive tract.
No Side Effects
Unlike some diet pills which have very undesirable side effects, when you use utilize a healthy eating plan to lose weight, there is nothing to worry about. In fact, there are no negative effects from eating well. None, nada, zilch, zero!
Start a Healthy Eating Plan
Starting a healthy eating plan can be daunting. One of the biggest problems encountered by many who embark on one is coming up with healthy and diverse food choices. If you are thinking of going on a healthy eating plan, you would not want to eat the same thing for every meal. This is where a 7-day healthy eating plan becomes convenient.
Following your meal plan is easier if you have a weekly menu which you can just follow or modify in the succeeding weeks. In creating your 7-day healthy eating plan, keep in mind to include nutrient-rich meals. Remember, your meal plan should be healthy for you and not meant to starve you.
Tips to begin your 7-day healthy eating plan to lose weight
- Breakfast is the most important meal of your day so never skip it. Eating a filling and nutritious breakfast will help you jumpstart your metabolism for the day.
- Try to have your dinner earlier. Since you are supposed to be winding down after a hard day’s work, your body will not need as much energy. There’s nothing wrong with eating at night, even before bed, but many people overeat at this time.
- Give in to snacks but make sure they are light and healthy.
- Almost all types of diets that have been developed have something in common – fruits and vegetables.10 You will rarely find a healthy meal plan that has little of these so have your fill of fruits and vegetables.
- Fast foods do not have any place in your 7-day healthy eating plan.
- The internet is a treasure trove of healthy recipes so make use of them to come up with new healthy dishes.