References – Does Exercise Make You Live Longer?
- Gleeson, M., Bishop, N., Stensel, D. et al.The anti-inflammatory effects of exercise: mechanisms and implications for the prevention and treatment of disease. Nat Rev Immunol 11, 607–615 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1038/nri3041
- Blackmon, Christina M. and Tucker, Larry A. (2021) “Time Spent Jogging/Running and Telomere Length in 5805 U.S. Adults,” International Journal of Exercise Science: Conference Proceedings: Vol. 14 : Iss. 1 , Article 68.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.wku.edu/ijesab/vol14/iss1/68
- Citation needs to be recovered
- Chung HY, Cesari M, Anton S, et al. Molecular inflammation: Underpinnings of aging and age-related diseases. Ageing Research Reviews. 2009;8(1):18-30.
- Beavers KM, Brinkley TE, Nicklas BJ. Effect of exercise training on chronic inflammation. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2010;411(11-12):785-793.
- Wegner, Mirko; Helmich, Ingo; Machado, Sergio; Nardi, Antonio; Arias-Carrion, Oscar; Budde, Henning CNS & Neurological Disorders – Drug Targets (Formerly Current Drug Targets – CNS & Neurological Disorders), Volume 13, Number 6, 2014, pp. 1002-1014(13) Bentham Science Publishers
- Kelley GA, Kelley KS. Exercise and sleep: a systematic review of previous meta-analyses: Exercise and sleep. Journal of Evidence-Based Medicine. 2017;10(1):26-36.
- Sanders LMJ, Hortobágyi T, la Bastide-van Gemert S, van der Zee EA, van Heuvelen MJG. Dose-response relationship between exercise and cognitive function in older adults with and without cognitive impairment: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Regnaux JP, ed. PLoS ONE. 2019;14(1):e0210036.
- Loprinzi PD, Frith E, Edwards MK, Sng E, Ashpole N. The effects of exercise on memory function among young to middle-aged adults: systematic review and recommendations for future research. Am J Health Promot. 2018;32(3):691-704.
- Cherpak CE. Mindful eating: a review of how the stress-digestion-mindfulness triad may modulate and improve gastrointestinal and digestive function. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2019;18(4):48-53.
- Yuan X, Xu S, Huang H, et al. Influence of excessive exercise on immunity, metabolism, and gut microbial diversity in an overtraining mice model. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2018;28(5):1541-1551.
- Nieman DC. Exercise is medicine for immune function: implication for covid-19. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2021;20(8):395-401